Austin ISD Radio Shows Expand to the Small Screen
Austin ISD's radio programs Breaking Down the Barriers and Educa Austin are expanding to television, when AISD Channel 22 begins broadcasting episodes of both shows in April.
"We're really excited to take another step forward with our education programming and add video to our wonderful AISD staff-produced radio shows," said Reyne Telles, AISD executive director of communications and community engagement.
Telles said the district is always looking for new ways to reach an increasingly diverse parent and student population and promote the resources it offers students and their families.
Breaking Down the Barriers focuses on AISD's African American community. The show is produced in collaboration with KAZI Community Radio and has aired on KAZI-FM 88.7 since November 2013.
Educa Austin aims to better engage Spanish-language-dominant families by eliminating language and cultural barriers. The program has aired on KLQB-FM 104.3 since May 2012.
Both programs will retain their current radio schedules (see below). The new TV schedules are viewable below and on Channel 22's website.
Austin ISD TV programming is viewable on Roku players, through Grande Communications and Time Warner on channel 22 and AT&T UVerse on channel 99.
AISD Regular Series Schedules
- AISD UpClose: Tuesday and Thursday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Breaking Down the Barriers: Tuesday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- Eagle Talk Show: Wednesday at 6 p.m., Saturday at 10 a.m., Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Educa TV: Wednesday and Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Inside AISD: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 6:30 p.m., Sunday at 8 a.m.
- Zona Escolar: Wednesday and Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 11:30 p.m.