- AISD Facility Locations Map
- Chief Schools Office
- Graduations 2014
- High Schools
- Middle Schools
- Elementary Schools
- Other Facilities
- Academic Magnets
- Vertical Teams
- AISD Police
- Bus Routes & Transportation
- School Assignment by Residential Address
- School Hours
- Student Health Services
- Campus Advisory Councils
- Learning Support Services
The Austin Independent School District (AISD) is the fifth largest school district in Texas, and serves approximately 86,100 students at 124 schools. We are a diverse, urban district that is making great progress in student academic achievement. A study commissioned by the Austin Chamber of Commerce concluded "Austin's public schools are comparable, if not superior to, the benchmarked cities of Denver, Phoenix, Raleigh-Durham and Seattle." Unlike many urban school districts in the U.S. today, AISD has a richly diverse student community. It includes children from all economic levels and all kinds of backgrounds. Also unlike many other urban school districts, AISD enjoys widespread community support. We also support families that represent more than 94 languages, and we teach seven languages other than English in our schools, including Chinese, Japanese, and American Sign Language.
Sixty percent of our students are Hispanic, 24 percent are White (not of Hispanic origin), 9 percent are Black (not of Hispanic origin), and 3 percent are Asian/Pacific Islander. Over 54 percent our students come from low-income families, and 24 percent enter our schools as English-Language Learners.
The Austin School District understands that parents want choice. That's why we offer a variety of instructional programs devoted to your child's unique needs, talents, and interests. Committed to preparing students for the challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century, we invite you to discover the specialized programs of our magnet schools and focus academies.
Thank you for choosing AISD.
- Liberal Arts and Science Academy.
- International Baccalaureate Program at Anderson High School.
- Global Studies Program at Austin High School.
- McCallum High School Fine Arts Academy.
- Lanier High School Health Sciences Institute.
- Travis High School Institute of Hospitality & Culinary Arts.
- Garza Independence High School.
- International High School at Johnston.
- Kealing Middle School Magnet Program.
- Fulmore Middle School Humanities & Law Magnet for International Studies.
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at Martin and Murchison middle schools.
- Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders.
- Green Tech Academy at Small Middle School