Creating 21st-Century Learning Spaces For All Students
On November 7, 2017 an overwhelming majority (72%) of Austin voters passed the AISD 2017 Bond for $1,050,984,000 to bring about 21st-Century Learning Spaces without increasing the tax rate.
Key projects in the bond include:
- Constructing 16 new or modernized campus facilities,
- Improvements to address overcrowding and critical needs, and
- Districtwide improvements to technology for teachers and students and transportation,
All of these projects are informed by the Facility Master Plan (FMP), a high-level guideline for all district facilities for decades to come.
The Bond Passed – Now What?
Now we get to work!
After the bond passed the District quickly began the first phases of implementation for our School Modernization projects: procurement and planning.
AISD also established campus planning and architecture teams for some of the multi-site projects included in the bond, which have already begun meeting with their respective communities to ensure smooth transitions as these projects come to life.
Many districtwide improvements are also underway; new busses were ordered in February 2018 to ensure students can continue to get to school and back safely.
Interested in a specific campus? Check out the School Modernizations or search the the facility project sheets below:
Facility Project Sheets
Be Part of the Process
We want students, parents, staff and the greater Austin community to be informed and participate where applicable throughout the bond implementation process.
How to Get Involved:
- Find campus-specific community meetings and sign up be notified about future engagement opportunities by visiting our School Modernizations page.
- Share feedback today by filling out our contact form. Sign up below to receive email updates related to overall bond implementation progress.
Thank you for supporting our students as we create 21st-Century Learning Spaces and reinvent the urban school experience!