The rules on the use of student owned mobile devices (BYOD) differ from campus to campus. Check with the school's administration to find out the specific policies in place for that particular campus.
At some schools students are assigned a device to take home. Parents and students go through training on proper care and use of the device and assume responsibility if the device is stolen or lost. Check out the forms in the Quick Links box to find out about the rules and regulations for student loaned devices.
Support for Student Assigned Mobile Devices
During the loan period of the device, students have options for technical support:
- Face-to Face: during regular school hours students can take their assigned device to their assigned campus location to receive technical support
- Phone: between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m students can call the Help Desk at 512-414-HELP (512-414-4357)
- Beyond the hours of technical support, HELP DESK tickets can be submitted by calling the Help Desk phone number listed above. The automated phone system will create a voice ticket. Students can also submit a form to the HELP DESK to report a problem.
- No at-home support will be provided at anytime
- Prior to submitting a Help Desk ticket or taking the assigned device to the campus technical support location, it is the student’s responsibility to back up any data, information or other files stored on the assigned device to a student storage area or other external device