Join us for the 2019 Personalized Learning Conference!
The Conference Schedule is now live! View our high quality, innovative sessions and build your personalized learning schedule today!
AISD is kicking off AISD EDU with a four-day conference offering staff the opportunity to engage in personalized learning aligned to district initiatives and goals.
AISD EDU is a collaborative venture of AISD Professional Learning, Technology Integration, Academics and SEL, & School Leadership, offering personalized learning for teachers and staff throughout the year. AISD supports the intentional use of instructional methods designed to increase equity. Personalized learning provides opportunities in which participants are empowered to control their own learning.
Join us for the 2019 Personalized Learning Conference and experience high quality professional learning as honored professionals, develop connections and relationships for future support, experience personalization to design it for classrooms, and advance district priorities; binding content to AISD's bigger instructional vision.
WHEN: Monday - Thursday, August 5-8, 2019
WHERE: Akins High School
PARKING: Please arrive early as parking will be limited. Handicap parking will be available in regularly designated spaces.
Overflow parking is available at Burger Stadium, and Shuttle Buses will run every 15 minutes to Akins HS and back to Burger.
Campus based exempt staff participating in the AISD EDU Personalized Learning Conference in August will receive six (6) Professional Learning Exchange Day (PLED) credits for each day attended. The maximum number of PLED credits is twelve (12).
SIGN UP FOR THE CONFERENCE AND PRE-CON SESSIONS TODAY ON THE HUMAN CAPITAL PLATFORM:
- Tuesday - Thursday
- Tuesday Only (8:30am - 4:00pm)
- Wednesday Only (8:30am - 4:00pm)
- Thursday Only (8:30 - 11:30am)
Pre-Con Sessions Monday, August 5:
- MTH.45243 - Creative Computing, Coding, Web Design, & Computer Science: Learning with Hummingbird Bit (AM & PM Sessions)
- OPD.44998 - Blended and Personalized Professional Learning: Getting Started with Personalized Learning
- MTH.43269 - Math Curriculum Training: Box Cars and One-Eyed Jacks (3rd - 6th Grade)
- BIL.134 - Sheltered Instruction in the Classroom: Talk Read, Talk Write
- SCI.32234 - Science Outdoor Learning: AISD EDU EcoRise: Cultivating Environmental Stewardship and Student Innovation
- SCI.32234 - Science Outdoor Learning: AISD EDU Earth Camp
- CPI.45158 - CP&I Capacity Building Foundations: Isolating Race
- LAL.45341 - New Language Arts TEKS and Textbook Adoption Materials Overview
- OPD.44945 - Problem Based Learning (PBL) in AISD: Part I
- OPD.45359 - AISD EDU Personalized Learning Conference - Formative Assessment
MTH.43269 - Math Curriculum Training: Box Cars and One-Eyed Jacks (Pre-K - 3rd Grade)
MTH.43269 - Math Curriculum Training: How to get started with DreamBox