In order to elevate the role of professional learning in a manner that differentiates learning and provides a more personalized learning experience, Austin ISD is designating two Professional Learning Exchange Days (PLED) for exempt, campus-based professional staff members. Through PLED, two (2) non-duty days of professional learning that build capacity around the district focus areas may be exchanged for two (2) regular duty days. The focus areas for 2019-2020 are Literacy, Whole Child, and Personalized Learning. Twelve credits from any one or combination of these focus areas is acceptable.
Professional Learning Exchange Days are mutually beneficial to exempt staff and the district. The approach –
- Offers individual and campus empowerment and flexibility around professional learning.
- Sharpens the focus of professional learning around district initiatives and priorities.
- Encourages a variety of forms and structures for professional learning.
- Increases access to professional learning while reducing teacher time away from instruction and substitute costs.
To support a smooth implementation of Professional Learning Exchange Days, please take a moment to review the following tools and resources:
- Professional Learning Exchange Days Guidelines 2019-20.
- The Employee PLED Approval Form may be helpful in having your staff submit their selected learning opportunities for your approval.
- The book study is to increase staff members’ content and/or pedagogical knowledge to assist all students in reaching high levels of achievement.
- The FAQs will be updated with answers to questions that you have about Professional Learning Exchange Day. If you have any additional PLED questions, please use "Let's Talk" to ask your questions.
- PLED Eligible Search Instructions.