The district's top concern during this time is the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. This page will be updated with resources to ensure staff are able to prioritize their wellbeing.
Click each section below to expand.
End of Year Closing Procedures
The Operations team, in collaboration with Academics and School Leadership, has developed the following campus access and transition process. This process reflects best practices and protocols that will allow Austin ISD staff to safely retrieve personal items from their campuses, while also allowing our operations staff the opportunity to transition buildings into unoccupied mode saving valuable resources and reducing cost. This is a complex coordination effort and we appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as we work through this together. Please see the linked protocols and presentation below.
Closing Procedures: Resting Building Initiative (RBI)
At the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), all staff and volunteer workers should be wearing cloth facial coverings when working onsite.
- 4/8/2020 - Updated Memo regarding Mail Service and Deliveries
- 3/30/2020 - Updated Memo regarding HQ Access
- 3/25/2020 - Stay Home-Work Safe order for Campuses
- 3/25/2020 - Campus and Facility Access Informational Flyer - Plan de accesso a planteles e instalaciones
- 3/20/2020 - Protocols for working safely - Protocolos para mantener su salud
- Centers for Disease Control resources for COVID-19
Employees who are currently enrolled in an AISD Benefits Plan will continue to receive health benefits so long as employee premiums are paid. AISD is committed to our employee's health and will continue its monthly contribution to employees benefits. AISD will also continue providing other benefits such as the Employee Assistance Program, RediMD, Leave Benefits, etc. AISD is also finalizing an Emergency Leave Pay Plan that will provide full compensation to our employees affected by COVID-19 who have exhausted their leave.
Employees are highly encouraged to access RediMD and avoid overwhelming the Emergency Rooms unless it is necessary. Through RediMD employees receive quality medical care services with live, face-to-face diagnosis and treatment. Employees can see and speak with a medical professional through their computer, tablet, smartphone or over the phone. Employees may create a free account online at https://clients.redimd.com/.
RediMD is free for all AISD benefits holders, regardless of plan, for the next 90 days (June 6, 2020).
Seton and Virtual Health Offerings
- At this time, Seton is offering some FREE health and wellness resources regardless of which AISD health plan you are enrolled in.
- AscensionConnect has established COVID-19 hotlines across their ministries. Available from 6 a.m. to midnight, the hotline is staffed by triage RNs who will respond to public questions and implement the most up-to-date screening and protocols to guide patients to the most appropriate care setting, including staying home and/or virtual options. The Ascension Texas hotline is 1-833-919-1680.
- URGENT CARE Visit from home: Visit https://www.getascensioncare.com/onlinecare/ and wait to see a physician virtually or schedule an appointment.
- CVS Minute Clinic App is free for all AISD benefits holders, regardless of plan, for the next 90 days (June 6, 2020)
Teletherapy and Mental Health
Austin ISD's school-based mental health partner, Vida Clinic, is offering teletherapy services to the Austin ISD community beginning Wednesday, March 18. These services will allow adults and students to access quality mental health services right from their own homes. To schedule an appointment, visit https://vidaclinic.org/virtualvida/ or contact our Vida Clinic Care Team at 512-518-2209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, Integral Care has a 24/7 Crisis Helpline at 512-472-HELP (4357). You can also Text TX to 741741 to connect to Crisis Text Line. Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text. Integral Care is also working with NAMI Central Texas to make sure the community has resources available during this challenging time. They will be posting helpful tools on their website, including tips and tools for managing stress and how to talk to your children about this uncertain time.
Financial Assistance - Your Money Line
Are you concerned about your finances in this difficult time? We encourage you to reach out to your Financial Concierge team for guidance about how you should react to these trying times.
- Get the help you need to be confident about your financial life
- Talk one-on-one with a certified financial expert at no charge to you
- Everything is confidential and will not be shared
- Call, Email or Live Chat with your Financial Concierge M-F 9AM-9PM EST CALL: 833-890-4077; EMAIL: ANSWERS@YOURMONEYLINE.COM
- SEL Resources coming soon
- COVID-19 EAP Resources Center: Revive EAP - COVID-19 Resource Center
- AISD Wellbeing Resources for maintaining physical and emotional wellbeing
- SafeSchools Coronavirus Awareness Course in HCP