The Office of Human Capital wants to thank you for your commitment to our students, your creative and collaborative thinking, and your patience as we navigate COVID-19 and the adaptations to district operations.
Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and students. We are committed to providing the support, tools and ongoing communication that you need to be successful. District departments are working collaboratively to ensure that all questions staff may have during this time are answered.
This page will provide resources and the most up-to-date information for our valued teachers and staff regarding district operations.
April 17, 2020, Texas Governor Abbott announced that all schools in the state will remain closed through the remainder of the school year. While our campus buildings are closed, our students need to remain engaged and active with Continuous Learning. For now, Continuous Learning is how AISD will continue to educate our more than 81,000 students.
- 5/5/2020 - Updated Seton Urgent Care information in Staff Health, Safety, and Benefits
- 4/29/2020 - Update to Workplace Safety: Campus Transition Plan for Resting Building Initiative (End of Year closing procedures)
- 4/14/2020 - Communication from Dr. Cruz - también en español
- 4/10/2020 - CDC Face Mask Guidelines
- 4/8/2020 - Updated Memo regarding Mail Service and Deliveries
- 4/7/2020 - Updated FAQs - Compensation, Timekeeping, Business and Operations, and SAFA
- 4/1/2020 - Paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- 4/1/2020 - Licencia por enfermedad pagada y expansion de licencia familiar y por enfermedad bajo ley Familias Primero De Respeusta Al Coronavirus
- 3/31/2020 - Communication from Dr. Cruz - también en español
- 3/30/2020 - Updated Memo regarding HQ Access
- 3/25/2020 - Telecommuting Guidelines and Responsibilities
- 3/25/2020 - Standard messaging for email and voicemail - Directrices de Telecomunicaciones
- 3/20/2020 - Protocols for working safely - Protocolos para mantener su salud
- 3/20/2020 - Laptop Request
- 3/20/2020 - HQ Access Request
Because new information is rapidly developing, and situations can change, we recommend the following for all AISD staff:
- Check your district email regularly.
- Utilize Teams, Zoom, Google Suite, and BLEND for district communication.
- Ensure you are subscribed to the districts’ email communication channels: SchoolMessenger and Constant Contact to receive district-wide messaging.
- Follow district social media channels: AISD Twitter, AISD Facebook, Human Capital Twitter
- Utilize our Let’s Talk! system for the fastest and most accurate response to questions you may have that are not available via our FAQ.
- Review safety protocols for online communication with students.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING RESOURCES
See all updated health, wellbeing, and benefits resources on our Staff Health, Safety and Benefits page.
Virtual Care for Employees
Austin ISD's RediMD program makes scheduling and seeing a doctor more convenient for our employees. RediMD means employees receive quality medical care services with live, face-to-face diagnosis and treatment. Employees can see and speak with a medical professional through their computer, tablet, smartphone or over the phone without having to travel to a doctor's office. Employees may create a free account online at https://clients.redimd.com/.
RediMD is free, with no co-pay for Austin ISD staff on any plan until June 6, 2020. RediMD is also available for any dependents on an AISD employee's plan.
CVS Minute Clinic App is free for all conditions until June 6, 2020.
Our school based mental health partner, Vida Clinic, is offering teletherapy services to the Austin ISD community beginning Wednesday, Mar. 18. These services will allow adults and students to access quality mental health services right from their own homes. To learn more or schedule services, contact our Vida Clinic Care Team at 512-518-2209 or by email at email@example.com.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, Integral Care has a 24/7 Crisis Helpline at 512-472-HELP (4357). You can also Text TX to 741741 to connect to Crisis Text Line. Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text. Integral Care is also working with NAMI Central Texas to make sure the community has resources available during this challenging time. They will be posting helpful tools on their website, including tips and tools for managing stress and how to talk to your children about this uncertain time.
- COVID-19 EAP Resources Center: Revive EAP - COVID-19 Resource Center
- Centers for Disease Control resources for COVID-19
- SafeSchools campaign
NEW UNINSURED HOTLINE NUMBER:
People experiencing coronavirus-like symptoms who are uninsured and don't have a primary care doctor should call the COVID19 Hotline at 512-978-8775 for guidance. This number is for uninsured Travis County residents and CommUnityCareTX patients with COVID19 symptoms.
NUEVO NÚMERO DE LÍNEA DIRECTA SIN SEGURO:
Las personas que estén demostrando síntomas de coronavirus y no tengan seguro o un médico establecido deben llamar a. la línea directa de COVID19 de CommUnityCare: 512-978-8775. Este número es para los habitantes del Condado Travis – y pacientes establecidos de CommUnityCare.
Ascension/Seton COVID-19 Hotline 1-833-919-1680
Ascension has established COVID-19 hotlines across our ministries as a community resource. Available from 6 a.m. to midnight, the hotline is staffed by triage RNs who will respond to public questions and implement the most up-to-date screenings and protocols to guide patients to the most appropriate care setting, including staying at home and/or virtual options.
La línea directa COVID-19 1-833-919-1680 ya está disponible
Ascension ha establecido líneas directas COVID-19 en todos nuestros ministerios como un recurso comunitario. Disponible desde las 6 de la mañana hasta la medianoche, la línea directa cuenta con personal de triaje que responderá a las preguntas públicas e implementará los exámenes y protocolos más actualizados para guiar a los pacientes al entorno de atención más apropiado, que incluye quedarse en casa y / o virtual opciones.