Think Tank Meetings
|June 18||8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.||
Widén Elementary (tentative)
5605 Nuckols Crossing Rd.
|June 20||8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.||
Alternative Learning Center
4900 Gonzales St.
|June 25||8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.||
9800 Curlew Dr.
|June 26||8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.||
2011 W. Rundberg Ln.
|June 27||8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.||
1101 Wheatley Ave.
Apply to Join a Regional Think Tank
Austin ISD is seeking representatives to participate in one of five regional Think Tanks, which will be charged with "big thinking" and brainstorming innovative ideas around a given planning region. Think Tanks will contribute to the overall universe of ideas that may help the district determine future steps in the process.
All interested AISD parents, guardians, students, employees, partners and community members are invited to complete and submit the Think Tank interest form by May 31.
Each Think Tank will include 24–28 people with a variety of experience and backgrounds.
Think Tanks will:
- Gather for one seven-hour work session the week of June 17–21 or June 24–28. (Think Tank members may be asked to gather for a second work session in July.)
- Analyze data relative to academics and programming, personnel, culture and climate, and operations and finance.
- Review community feedback.
- Brainstorm ways to strengthen regions by meeting a set of specific goals and targets.
- Introduce creative ideas to support and enhance student learning.
Ideal representatives are:
- Familiar with the history, strengths and challenges in education.
- Proficient in the 6Cs: Collaboration, Communication, Connection, Creativity, Critical Thinking and Cultural Proficiency
- Status quo-challenging, creative, divergent thinkers willing to explore opportunities and tackle challenges to Improve student outcomes.
If you're interested in serving as a Think Tank member, please complete the interest form by May 31. Applicants will receive notice on June 7 if they are chosen to participate in a Think Tank.