Bus Riding Protocols
Austin ISD is committed to providing safe, reliable transportation to our students. We are implementing protocols that all families who qualify for bus transportation should know if they plan on using this service. The full plan for our bus-riding families can be found on the Open for Learning Plan Version 4. Below are highlights of this communication.
- Families, please make sure to update your contact information in Parent Cloud.
- We encourage every family to take their child’s temperature each morning.
- Please do not send students to school if they are sick, have symptoms or have a temperature at 100.0 or greater.
- Please make every effort to accompany students to and from the bus stop and school in the event your child registers a temperature greater than 100.0.
- Masks are required on all AISD buses.
- Prior to boarding the bus, a transportation staff member will check every student’s temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- If a child registers a temperature at or above 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit, they will either be sent home with their parents. If a parent/guardian is not available, separate transportation to the campus will be provided.
- To reduce virus exposure on buses, we encourage families to drop off or walk with their students to school.
- Bus drivers will wear personal protective equipment including masks, gloves and face shields to be used during temperature screenings.
- All buses will have hand sanitizer and will be disinfected regularly.
- Maximum allowable seating will be one student per seat with the seat behind the driver closed for social distancing.
We look forward to welcoming your child aboard!