- At-Risk CACFP
- Clean Labels
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- District Charging Policy
- Food Truck
- Garden to Cafe
- Meal Applications
- Meal Prices
- Smart Snacks
- Special Dietary Needs
- Summer Food Service Program
- Temporary Food Event Permits
- Wellness Policy
- Contact Us
Austin ISD Nutrition and Food Services are proud to offer students healthy à la carte Smart Snacks sold in the cafeteria.
Smart Snacks Standards are a Federal requirement for all foods sold outside the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program.
To qualify as a Smart Snack, the item must meet the following general nutrition standards:
- grain products that contain 50 percent or more whole grains by weight (whole grain listed as the first ingredient);
- has the first ingredient a fruit, vegetable, dairy product or protein food;
- a combination food containing at least ¼ cup fruit and/or vegetable;
- the food must meet nutrient standards for calories, sodium, sugar and fats.
Parents may set Smart Snack restrictions on a student's account by contacting their cafeteria manager.