- At-Risk CACFP
- Clean Labels
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- District Charging Policy
- Food Truck
- Garden to Cafe
- Meal Applications
- Meal Prices
- Smart Snacks
- Special Dietary Needs
- Summer Food Service Program
- Temporary Food Event Permits
- Wellness Policy
- Contact Us
The AISD Wellness Policy (FFA) can be found here.
Wellness Policy Overview:
Food in the Classroom
- Campuses may not serve/provide access to foods of minimal nutritional value (FMNV) and all other forms of candy at any time anywhere on school premises until the end of the last scheduled class.
- All campuses are “Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy Aware”. · https://www.austinisd.org/student-health Review “Campus Health Forms” section for the district’s Food Allergy/Anaphylaxis protocol and plan.
- Parents may bring items to celebrate their child’s birthday; however, they cannot be provided to students in the cafeteria during meal service times.
Food for instructional purposes
- Food should not be used for instructional purposes unless the food is required for teaching students about nutrition or foods of different cultures. If foods are used for instructional purposes, the foods may not be FMNV’s or candy at any time (including chocolate.)
- The food given during a classroom lesson is to be for a taste only and not be in place of a meal provided during the student’s breakfast or lunch period.
- Campuses may not sell food or beverages for any fundraising activity during the school day.
Rewarding with Food
- Campuses may not use food as a reward, unless documented in a students’ IEP.
- Campuses may not allow food or beverages to be provided to students at any time during the school day, with the exception of a healthy snack and water.
- Campuses may not allow food or beverages to be provided to students anywhere on campus 30 minutes before to 30 minutes after meal serving times.
- Campuses may not allow food or beverages to be provided to students during meal times where meals are served or consumed.