Students in the Austin Independent School District Mathematics program will acquire the mathematics knowledge and skills necessary to be productive, successful, and fulfilled citizens.
- Our curriculum supports learning through exploration and solving real-world problems across all grade levels and allows students to construct meaning and make sense of learning mathematics.
- Our students are challenged to explain their solutions and make connections that allow them to own and value learning mathematics.
- Our classrooms are safe and engage students in learning mathematics through discussion and sharing ideas.
- As teachers, we engage students using resources, tools, and technology to solve mathematically rich, real-world problems that meet the needs of a diverse population of learners.
The mathematics curriculum in AISD is designed to support the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) standards set by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Please see the links for more information on the standards appropriate for your student.
- 1st Grade Math TEKS
- 2nd Grade Math TEKS
- 3rd Grade Math TEKS
- 4th Grade Math TEKS
- 5th Grade Math TEKS
- 6th Grade Math TEKS
- 7th Grade Math TEKS
- 8th Grade Math TEKS
- Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry TEKS
- Math Pentathlon
- Think Through Math