News from Dr. Cruz: Top 10 List of 2016
You made 2016 an incredible year! There isn't room to list all of my favorites, so here is my Top 10 list. Thank you for the amazing work you do to support students! Drumroll, please...
- More than 4,300 graduates walk the stage, with one mom sharing her thanks that AISD believed in and challenged her daughter.
- Students make a commitment to their future by taking the #ReachHigherpledge at College Signing Day.
- Top-ranking seniors share their dreams as they continue their education at prestigious universities throughout the nation.
- AISD is (literally) center stage with amazing student representatives at the SXSWedu My Brother's Keeper event.
- First-day and second-day visits showcase innovative and creative work in our district.
- Students at the superintendent's roundtable share insight and advice on supporting 130 schools at AISD.
- Our very own Allison Ashley is named Texas Teacher of the Year.
- We celebrate record-breaking achievements for AISD, such as all-time high graduation and attendance rates and SAT/ACT scores that outrank the state and nation.
- Archer's Challenge inspires us to think of new ways to improve the world around us.
- Together, we are building an #AISDFuture Facilities Master Plan with learning environments that support Power Skills: collaboration, communication, connection, creativity, critical thinking and cultural proficiency.
You are realizing our vision of reinventing urban education and preparing all students for college, career and life. As we go into the winter break, I wish you a restful and relaxing time knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of our students.
I appreciate all you do, and I am thankful that you are a part of the AISD family.
Paul Cruz, Ph.D.