Staff Invited to Celebrate AISD Attendance Program with Free Tickets to UT Soccer Match Sept. 27
Austin ISD is pleased to continue its partnership with the University of Texas at Austin for the AISD Attendance Incentive Program.
Join us at this year’s kickoff event at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27, at the Texas Soccer match against TCU at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
All AISD employees will receive a voucher soon, which provides two complimentary tickets to the soccer match. The voucher card will have a promotional code listed on the back, and tickets can be redeemed online at TexasSports.com up until the event begins at 7 p.m.. For information on how to redeem your tickets, please keep reading. If you have not received your voucher, please contact your supervisor.
7 p.m., Friday, Sept. 2 • Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
Mike A. Myers Stadium
AISD launched the attendance program last year as one of the district's initiatives underway aimed at encouraging students and staff members to be in school all day, every day—because every day counts for student learning and achievement.
Good attendance also impacts AISD's bottom line. Every day a student is absent from class costs AISD $45 in state revenue. Every one percent increase in attendance generates $5.9 million in revenue for the district.
The AISD Attendance Incentive Program is specifically designed to promote healthy living and recognize employees for improvements in their daily attendance. Each month, 80 vouchers are awarded to campuses based on their own specific student attendance targets. The program also recognizes all of AISD with vouchers for perfect staff attendance. However, if staff members are sick or need personal leave, employees are encouraged to rest, get healthy and stay home.
During the weekend of Sept. 27-28, UT also offers its annual Teacher Appreciation matches at Texas Soccer. In addition to the voucher for two complimentary tickets on Friday, AISD teachers and team members will receive discounted tickets for both the Friday and Sunday matches. Tickets are only $4 for teachers, school employees and guests who use the promotional code (below).
1 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 29
Mike A. Myers Stadium
Free Youth Clinic: Texas Soccer will host a free post-match youth clinic on the field at Myers Stadium open to all children (in 8th grade and under) who attend the game. All participants should bring a water bottle and soccer ball with their name marked on it.
To purchase additional tickets at this discounted price:
- Call the UT Athletics events, sales and services office at 512-232-3865.
- Visit TexasSports.com and enter the promotional code: SC13TEACH
How to redeem your voucher:
- Visit www.texassports.com.
- In the top right-hand corner, click “Buy Tickets.”
- In the left-hand column titled, “Buy Tickets,” click “Promo Code.”
- In the box, type in the Promo Code on the back of the voucher.
- An event page will open. Click “Fresno State” for this kickoff event.
- On the event page, type “1” or “2” to select the number of tickets. Click “Add to Cart.”
- An authentication page will open. Type the authentication code shown.
- On the shopping cart page, choose your delivery method – you may either pick up the tickets at the will call window or print them from your computer. We recommend you select “Print from home.” Then click “Checkout.”
- If you have previously purchased tickets from www.texassports.com, enter your e-mail address and password. If not, select option 3 and create a new account.
- When creating a new account, you only need to complete the starred areas. You DO NOT need to provide credit card information.
- Verify the account information on the next page.
- Click “submit payment” on the next page.
- You will see a final page with your purchase information. If you selected “Print from home,” you will receive an e-mail message with tickets in a PDF format. If you selected “will call,” you will receive an e-mail message with the receipt to bring with you to the box office to redeem your tickets.
- Bring your tickets or take your confirmation to will call to get your tickets.
Remember, every day counts. We'll see you at the field!