- Human Capital at AISD
- About Us
- Talent Acquisition
- Benefits at-a-Glance
- Employee Discount Program
- Meet Team AISD
- Why AISD
- Contact Us
New Employee Information/Orientation
Welcome to Team AISD!
You may be eligible to enroll in AISD’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. To view the benefits available to you, click on the 2018 Benefits Guide.
Each employee has 30 days from your start date or date of hire to complete the online enrollment. If you do not complete enrollment within 30 days, your next chance to enroll will be during open enrollment, Oct. 1–31, 2018. Your effective date of coverage is the first day of the month following your work date.
Please note: All new employees hired before Dec. 1, 2018, must enroll in benefits twice, once during their 30-day window and once during October 2018 open enrollment.
New Hire Process for Enrolling in Health Insurance and Other Benefits Coverage
1. Benefits are effective the first day of the month following employment.
You must complete your online enrollment within 30 days of your hire date or first day of work. Enroll online at:
Note: The benefits booklet can be found online at this site. If you would like a hard copy of the benefits booklet and/or need help completing your enrollment, please go to CAC E100 between 7:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2. If you are adding dependents to your benefits you must submit your dependent verification documentation to the benefits office within those 30 days. Failure to submit documentation will result in the loss of coverage of those dependents. If you miss your enrollment deadline the next opportunity to enroll will be during 2018 annual open enrollment. The list of approved dependent documents can be found on the Dependent documentation matrix, on page 51 of your benefits booklet. You may upload your dependent documentation during your new hire event, or you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 512-414-9976. Please include your employee ID on all dependent documentation.
If you are approaching your 30-day deadline and are unable to enroll immediately, please contact the new hire benefits office line at (512) 414-2297.
3. If you have any benefits deductions, your paycheck will be deducted as follows:
If your start date is BEFORE the payroll closing date for the month when you started work:
- Your first paycheck will be issued on the last workday of the month when you started.
- Any insurance deductions will also begin with your first check.
If your start date is AFTER the payroll closing date for the month when you started work:
- Your first paycheck will be issued on the last workday of the FOLLOWING month.
- Any insurance deductions will also begin with your check at the end of the following month.
In this case, your insurance coverage will begin before your first deductions can be collected. This means that you will have a double deduction from your first check, since we were unable to collect the premiums from previous check.