AISD Substitute Services Office
The Substitute Office has closed applications for the 2017-2018 school year.
The substitute application for the 2018-2019 school year, will open on June 18, 2018.
JOIN TEAM AISD AS A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
Inspire, encourage and help make the dream work for AISD’s more than 84,000 students. Team AISD is seeking qualified candidates to serve as substitute teachers for the 2015-16 school year.
- No Experience required
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive pay
- Teach a variety of subjects and have fun
Follow these simple steps to get started today:
- Apply online
- Pass a fingerprint background check (fee for the fingerprint process is the responsibility of the applicant)
- Complete all new-hire documents
- Attend substitute orientation (held weekly once registration opens)
- Provide original transcripts, proff of identification and social security card for hiring purposes
Please click here for answers to frequently asked questions about becoming a Substitute Teacher.
You can also find the substitute pay information in more detail from the Substitute Handbook. Please note that pay rates depend on education levels for Substitute Teachers and are different for Clerical/Classified Substitutes.
TEACHER BASE RATE
60+ College Hours $75.00 / day
Degreed (Bachelor, Master or Doctorate) $80.00 / day
Valid Texas Certified Teacher $85.00 / day
TEACHER INCREMENTAL PAY
31-60 days of service add $20 / day to the base rate listed above
61+ days of service add an additional $20 / day in addition to the 31+ day incremental pay
TEACHER LONG TERM PAY
Teacher substitutes will receive an additional $20.00 / day for completing 20 consecutive days or more in the same assignment for the same teacher.
All substitutes will receive an additional $5.00 / day for working on Fridays (Exceptions: Administrators, Non-teaching Professional, Classified Retiree)
CLASSIFIED BASE RATE
High School Diploma or GED $70.00/day
CLASSIFIED INCREMENTAL PAY
31-60 days of service add $10 / day to the base rate listed above
61+ days of service add an additional $10 / day to the base rate listed above
- Substitute Handbook 2017-2018
- Classroom Management Supplement
- Payroll Schedule
- Campus Safety Procedures for Substitutes
AESOP SUBSTITUTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Austin ISD announces Aesop Substitute Management System! Visit our Aesop information page for more details and updates.
- Visit http://www.aesoponline.com to log onto Aesop
- LOGIN ID: SUBS or EMPLOYEES: "00" followed by 6 digits of Employee ID#. i.e. (00000000)
- ADMINISTRATORS and CAMPUS SUB COORDINATORS: "E" followed by 6 digits of Employee ID# i.e. (E000000)
- PIN: 4 or 5 digits, generated by Aesop (user may change pin number after initial login)
- Visit our Aesop information page for more details and updates
- Click here for information about Jobulator, an optional job notification system for substitutes who use Aesop
The Austin Independent School District is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Austin ISD not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, handicap or age in its employment practice as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.