How do I enroll my child in Austin ISD?
To enroll your child, you must go to the school your child should attend and provide a birth certificate, current record of immunizations, and the child's last report card. For Kindergarten eligibility, the student must be five years old on or before September 1st of the current year. Visit the early childhood education website for more information.

If you are unsure which school your child should attend, call the Office of Student Services at 512-414-1726 or look up your school assignment by residential address.

Where can I find information about my child's school?
Our website offers information on each campus in addition to providing a link to their individual site. Visit the district school listings for more information.

How do I apply for a transfer for my child?
The Office of Student Services provides detailed student transfer information online.

How do I contact my child's school?
You may call the school directly or contact Central Administration at 512-414-1700 for assistance.

Where can I get a copy of my transcript?
Each campus is responsible for issuing transcripts. Please contact the campus directly. For a list of high schools, click here.

What time does school start?
In general, elementary school starts at 7:45 a.m., middle school begins at 8:25 a.m., and high school starts at 9 a.m. Students must be in class by these times. For information specific to your child's campus, please contact the campus.

Do I need a pass to visit my child's classroom?
Yes. All visitors are required to sign in the front office. At that time, a visitor's badge will be given to you. You are to wear the badge at all times while on campus.

What do I need to do if my child is going to be tardy or absent?
Contact the campus as soon as possible. Most schools have a "hotline" where you can report a child absent or tardy. Be sure to send a written note with your child that explains your child's absence or tardiness. For a list of schools, click here.

What do I have to do to assume guardianship of a student?
There are two types of guardians for the purpose of admitting a child into the district: (1) a court-appointed (legal) guardian; and (2) a person recognized by the district as a child's guardian. To assume guardianship, you must complete a GUARDIANSHIP STATEMENT (SR F310) form and attach a notarized statement from the parent (or placement agency) indicating the reason guardianship has been given to another person. These forms are only available directly from the Office of Student Services at 1111 W. 6th Street, Room A-200.

Who do I contact if I need to pick my child up early from school?
Contact the teacher and the office staff at your child's school as soon as possible to make arrangements.