International Welcome Center
The International Welcome Center (IWC) provides important information about our schools to students new to the United States. The center provides assistance to families to ensure these students become proficient in English, acclimate to the American culture without losing their identity and contribute positively to society.
The IWC works to:
- Serve as a liaison for students and families, linking them to Austin ISD schools.
- Empower parents and guardians to advocate for their students’ success.
- Connect students and families to school and community resources.
- Family and Student Interviews / Screening
Includes reviewing school registration information, documentation review and referral to community resources.
- English Proficiency Testing for high schools, middle schools and select elementary schools; LAS Links Spanish for qualifying Elementary students.
- Parent / Student Orientation
Includes overview of the school day, transportation option, safety, dress code and school behavior.
For support and more information, please contact the Austin ISD International Welcome Center at (512) 414-6426
Austin ISD International Welcome Center
at the Allan Center
4900 Gonzales St., Austin, TX 78702
Hours / Horario
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Hours for Testing / Horario de pruebas
8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Appointments / Citas