Please ensure the information provided is as detailed and specific as possible (dates, documents, amounts, locations, etc.). Unless clearly requested otherwise, all submissions will be treated as confidential and meant for potential investigation by Internal Audit. If you would like the message to be forwarded to another department, please say so. Submitting information to Internal Audit in no way constitutes the initiation or request of an HR grievance.
Information that pertains to the non-financial management of schools will be sent to the Associate Superintendents based on the nature of the complaint.
Texas laws prevent Internal Audit from investigating police officers in a manner that is consistent with industry standards.
The Austin Independent School District has a responsibility to conduct its affairs ethically and in compliance with the law, and we are very proud of our employees and the high quality services we provide to the community. In order to ensure that we maintain and improve on the quality and integrity of our services, it is important that we provide employees and the public with various methods to express concerns. The Austin Independent School District created the Anonymous Reporting Hotline to provide the public and employees with an opportunity to express concerns such as:
- Theft of District resources (e.g. cash, equipment, supplies or materials)
- Falsification of financial records to cover up theft or embezzlement
- Falsifying payroll information
- Misuse of District equipment or property
- Misuse or waste of District resources, including government funds
- Improper activities by District officials, employees or contractors
- Soliciting or accepting a bribe or kickback
- Conflicts of interest
There are various ways to notify us:
- Online Form
- The online Anonymous Hotline sends a message directly to our confidential, secure e-mail account.
- Call the Anonymous Reporting Hotline at (512) 414-7010. Concerned parties can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by contacting the Hotline at 512-414-7010. A live operator is available to answer the Hotline between 7:45 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday (except holidays) or messages can be left on our answering machine at all times.
- Fax the Anonymous Reporting Fax Line at (512) 414-6717. This fax machine is located in the Internal Audit Department. No other employees or individuals have access to these faxes.
- Mail a letter to our department:
Anonymous Reporting Hotline
Internal Audit Department
1111 W. Sixth St.,D-250
Austin, Texas 78703