How do we engage the business community?
To ensure small minority, and women-owned businesses are aware of current contracting opportunities, the District conducts the following:
- Maintain a distribution list of small minority-, and women-owned businesses expressing interest in contracting with the Austin ISD.
- Promote contracting opportunities at many public outreach and procurement events.
- Provide subcontractors with tools to network with general contractors.
- Inform contractors about the 2017 AISD Bond that is modernizing all 130 District facilities. Learn about upcoming projects at AISDFuture.com
Program Outreach Event List
Wednesday, December 8th, 12pm – 1pm
Austin ISD HUB Program & the Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce Presents
Equity in Contracting: Doing Business With Austin ISD
Wed, September 14, 2022 | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM CDT
The Austin ISD HUB Program is committed to identifying areas of need in the Greater Austin Asian American business community and to contributing resources to promote equity and inclusion of these businesses in all bidding opportunities with Austin ISD. We invite you to join this dynamic, informative workshop.
- HUB Program Overview
- Navigating Bonfire e-procurement portal
- Procurement goods and services purchases
- Upcoming bid opportunities in Construction, Architecture, and Engineering
- Ins and outs of Competitive Sealed Proposals, Construction Manager-At-Risk and Design-Build
- Registering with Texas BuyBoard
How to Get Certified as a Minority-Owned Business
Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce Presents
Our guest speakers are from the City of Austin's Small & Minority Business Resources Department (SMBR) and Austin ISD HUB Program Department, they will share the different types of minority and women-owned certifications accepted at the city level and what are the upcoming contracting opportunities for 2021.
For more information, contact Yishan at email@example.com
Thursday, February 25, 2021 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CDT
2017 Bond Life Safety Projects Webinar
This event provides an opportunity for HUB firms to learn about the District’s upcoming 2017 Bond Life Safety Project including potential trades and phased approach for bidding. The estimated project value is $13.5 Million.
Wed, August 19, 2020 | 2:00 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
Virtual Workshop Series: Advancing Equity in Contracting Part 2
Wed, May 6, 2020 | 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
Join the HUB Program Department for Part 2 of the Virtual Workshop Series: Advancing Equity in Contracting.
Featured Presenter: Joeris General Contractors
This second workshop includes the following featured topics:
- Introductions and company overview;
- Current projects with Austin Independent School District; and
- How Joeris fosters subcontracting relationships with HUB/MBE/WBE
Virtual Workshop Series: Advancing Equity in Contracting
Wed, April 29, 2020 | 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
Location: Virtual Meeting via Zoom
Join the HUB Program Department for Part One of the Virtual Workshop Series: Advancing Equity in Contracting.
This first workshop includes the following featured topics:
- How to stay connected virtually, social media platforms, insight into upcoming virtual workshops;
- An overview of the District’s response to COVID-19 and its impact on construction projects; and
- Where to find local economic recovery assistance and resources.
Congratulations to our HUB Program Director's Retirement
Our Austin ISD HUB Director, Mrs. Debra Dibble Boone has officially retired this past September 2019. Mrs. Boone's passion for creating equity and opportunities for minorities in Central Texas is an inspiration for us all. As the founding director of the AISD HUB Program Department in 2017, she succeeded in developing an outstanding HUB team, increasing minority participation, and strengthening community relationships with Austin ISD. Before leading AISD's HUB program and serving as assistant director for the City of Austin's program, Debra worked at Motorola and Texas Instruments in manufacturing, contracting and quality engineering. She also managed the HUB procurement programs at both companies.
2019 Luna Awards
Thurs., September 5, 2019 | 3:30 PM – 6:00 PM CST
Location: Trinity Hall 311 East 5th St. Austin, TX 78701
The Luna Awards celebrates the achievements of women, women-owned businesses and advocates who promote and develop women at all levels in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction. Austin ISD is a proud supporter of the Regional Hispanic Contractors Association and looks forward to seeing you at the Regional Luna Awards Reception on Thursday, September 5, 2019, in Austin, Texas. For more information on the Luna Awards Reception, or to register for the event, please visit the registration page.
3rd Annual Central Texas Small Business Partnership Conference
Wed., May 17, 2019 | 2:00 AM – 2:00 PM CST
Please join us at the 3rd Annual Central Texas Small Business Partnership Conference (CTSBP) hosted by Austin Community College (ACC), Austin ISD (AISD), City of Austin, Capital Metro, and Travis County MBE/WBE/DBE/HUB programs on May 17, 2019. The conference will provide business best practices from Prime Firms and sub-consultants/subcontractors success stories.
February Outreach Participants
2017 Bond CMR Outreach Event with the HUB Program Department
Wed., February 27, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST
Location: Carruth Administration Center - 1111 W. 6th Street, Board Auditorium, B-100, Austin, TX 78703
Please join us for an opportunity to learn about upcoming construction projects with Austin ISD. Construction Manager-at-Risk (CMR) Firms will share information about subcontracting opportunities with minority businesses.
Vendor Info Session with the HUB Program Department
Tue., January 22, 2019 | 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM CST
Location: Carruth Administration Center, 1111 W. 6th Street, Building B, Suite B-300, Austin, TX 78703
This one-hour monthly session provides information about the HUB Program Phase II Rollout. Sessions takes place at the Carruth Administration Center, Building B, Suite B-300 and includes a small group (maximum of 20 attendees) of local minority & woman-owned vendors who would like to pursue procurement opportunities with Austin ISD.
- A sign-up sheet documents all attendees
- Survey sheet are provided at the end of each session
- Additional outreach information is provided at the end of each session (SBA info, event flyers, etc.)
Training Session Agenda
- Welcome & Introductions
- HUB Program Rollout
- HUB Coordinator Role
- Overview of HUB Program website
- Current Bid Opportunities
- Do you know Austin ISD?
- I'm HUB Certified: What's Next?
- Q & A