How do we engage the business community?
To ensure small minority-, and women-owned businesses are aware of current contracting opportunities, the District conducts the following:
- Maintain a distribution list of small minority-, and women-owned businesses expressing interest in contracting with the Austin ISD.
- Promote contracting opportunities at many public outreach and procurement events.
- Provide subcontractors with tools to network with general contractors.
- Inform contractors about the 2017 AISD Bond that is modernizing all 130 District facilities. Learn about upcoming projects at AISDFuture.com
3rd Annual Central Texas Small Business Partnership Conference
Wed, May 17, 2019 | 2:00 AM – 2:00 PM CST
Location: Performing Arts Center – 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd., Austin, TX 78723
Please join us at the 3rd Annual Central Texas Small Business Partnership Conference (CTSBP) hosted by Austin Community College (ACC), Austin ISD (AISD), City of Austin, Capital Metro, and Travis County MBE/WBE/DBE/HUB programs on May 17, 2019. The conference will provide business best practices from Prime Firms and sub-consultants/subcontractors success stories.
February Outreach Participants
2017 Bond CMR Outreach Event with the HUB Program Department
Wed, February 27, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST
Location: Carruth Administration Center - 1111 W. 6th Street, Board Auditorium, B-100, Austin, TX 78703
Please join us for an opportunity to learn about upcoming construction projects with Austin ISD. Construction Manager-at-Risk (CMR) Firms will share information about subcontracting opportunities with minority businesses.
Vendor Info Session with the HUB Program Department
Tue, January 22, 2019 | 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM CST
This one-hour monthly session provides information about the HUB Program Phase II Rollout. Sessions takes place at the Carruth Administration Center, Building B, Suite B-300 and includes a small group (maximum of 20 attendees) of local minority & woman-owned vendors who would like to pursue procurement opportunities with Austin ISD.
- A sign-up sheet documents all attendees
- Survey sheet are provided at the end of each session
- Additional outreach information is provided at the end of each session (SBA info, event flyers, etc.)
Training Session Agenda
- Welcome & Introductions
- HUB Program Rollout
- HUB Coordinator Role
- Overview of HUB Program website
- Current Bid Opportunities
- Do you know Austin ISD?
- I'm HUB Certified: What's Next?
- Q & A
The Roadmap To Raising Capital for Small, Minority, Women-Owned Businesses
November 13, 2018
Small, minority, and women-owned businesses learn about great sources for small business loans, organizations that assist them in preparing loan applications, and financing contract opportunities. Anthony Ruiz, U.S. Small Business Administration San Antonio District Director, provides an overview of the support services provided to small businesses by the SBA. There is a panel discussion featuring community development financial institutions that specialize in lending to small, minority, and women-owned businesses including BCL of Texas, BiGAustin, LiftFund, and PeopleFund.
AISD Quarterly Outreach Event
August 22, 2018
@HUBProudAISD is educating the Austin business community on the new professional services rollout of the AISD HUB Program that begins in September 2018.
2019 Program Outreach Event List
2018 Program Outreach Event List