Skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, please list all work experience.
- Yes, please list your student teaching experience.
- Yes, you can submit an application without listing a specific position.
- Austin ISD works closely with Region XIII and surrounding colleges and universities to provide avenues of alternative certification. If you have questions regarding the Region XIII alternative certification program, please call 512-919-5313. Also, you can view our certification information for teachers and administrators.
- All positions require a completed online application. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Yes, it is required that you submit an online application even if you have worked for the district previously.
- Because AISD is a public entity, your application is considered a public document and is subject to disclosure, upon request.
- It is not recommended to contact a principal or hiring manager for a position. It is also not recommended to fax or mail materials to campuses. Once you apply to a specific position, your application can be viewed by the assigned principal/hiring manager. You will be contacted if an interview is desired.
- When completing the online application, you will reach a section that asks you to upload your supporting documents. Depending on the position, you will be required to upload some or all of the following: resume, proof of license and/or certification, transcripts and cover letter. The application will give instructions on how to upload your materials to the application.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from human resources. It is not necessary to contact the human resources office regarding the status of an application. Once an application is complete, principals and/or department staff will review the application file for employment. If the principal or hiring manager would like an interview, you will be contacted.
- Austin ISD offers a range of benefits to employees. Visit /benefits for details.