Welcome to Team AISD!
We are extremely pleased that you have joined our AISD family. We understand the value of your contribution toward creating the best educational environment for all students in Austin ISD. You have a world of opportunities ahead of you working for one of the largest, most progressive, and most diverse school districts in Texas. We hope you will find our district to be a rewarding place to work and grow as a professional.
We want to make sure you have the professional support, resources and leadership development opportunities you need to be successful. Explore our Human Capital pages to learn more about the many opportunities that await you.
Best wishes for success!
The Office of Human Capital
New Hire Sessions
Once you receive your formal offer of employment, you will be scheduled for a new hire session where you will receive the following information about:
- signing your contract (bring your driver's license and social security card).
- your official assignment.
- how to send official service records and transcripts.
- teacher evaluations.
- your employee badge (your photo will be taken and your AISD badge issued).
- your benefits package (representatives will be available to answer your questions).
- how to obtain your laptop and enroll in a required training session.
Requirements for New Hires
- Teacher Induction Program
- Required online trainings
- Professional Learning Exchange Days (PLED) Guidelines
Get Started: Helpful Resources
We've identified some helpful resources to guide your through your transition:
|Compensation||Compensation and Incentives||Let's Talk|
|Benefits||Benefits & Leave||Let's Talk|
|Laptops||How to pick up your email@example.com|
- Professional Pathways for Teachers (PPfT)
- Webmail (Office 365)
- Technical Support
- District map
- AISD Calendar
- Professional Learning in Austin ISD
Online resources available from computers within the AISD network:
- AISD Cloud
- AISDWeb (AISD intranet homepage)
- Set up your telephone and voicemail (staff technology website, will require a login)
- Technology resources, including teacher laptop FAQs.