- Comprehensive Health Services
- Student & Staff Health Services/Programs
- Recommended Nutrition Information
- Nutrition Policy FAQ's
- AISD Wellness Policy
- Nutrition, Fundraising, and Vending Policy
- Food Allergy
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- Nutrition Resource Links
- Heat Related Guidelines
- Behavioral Health
- Family Resource Centers
- Access to Health Insurance for Children and Families
- AISD Lice Policy and Guidelines
- AAP Policy on Lice
- Bed Bugs
- Health Updates
- Employee Wellness
- School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
The Texas Department of Health has ruled that students must be current with immunizations in order to attend school unless an exemption has been filed with the school in accordance with Texas Education Code, Health and Safety, Chapter 38.0001. Unless a child’s immunizations are current when school begins on August 24, 2015, parents will be asked to obtain the needed immunizations before their child is allowed to return to school.
A child or student shall show acceptable evidence of vaccination prior to entry, attendance, or transfer to a child-care facility or public or private elementary or secondary school, or institution of higher education.*
* Source: The provisions of the Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 97, Title 25 Health Services, adopted to be effective April 1, 2004, 29 TexReg 3188
Parents may fax or mail the updated immunization record and delinquency letter to their child's school or if the school is closed for the summer, records can be faxed to (512) 406-6543 or mailed to Children’s/AISD Student Health Services at 4900 Mueller Blvd., Austin, Texas, 78723.
For more information related to school immunization compliance, please visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Immunization Branch website.
For assistance with additional questions please contact your school nurse or Children’s/AISD Student Health Services at (512) 324-0195.