Meet Team AISD
I am thankful to be in a high school environment where principals and central office personnel work together to meet the multi-faceted needs of our community.
Dr. Linda Webb
WHAT I DO:
As the Principal of Gonzalo Garza Independence High School. I educate students from all over the district who need a different curriculum delivery style. I also support my teachers and community so they can best serve our students.
MY FIVE FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT AISD:
- You can make a difference in people’s lives
- I am proud to work with a superintendent who has a vision for all children
- I am thankful to be in a high school environment where principals and central office personnel work together to meet the multi-faceted needs of our community
- AISD encourages educators to take a progressive look at educating our youth
- I am allowed to discover and use new and innovative ideas
THE MOST REWARDING THING ABOUT MY JOB:
I get to watch the future unfold. Being surrounded by youth you are given the gift of hope, for they still believe in what adults often view as impossible realities.
LITTLE KNOW FACT ABOUT ME:
My mother inspired me to become a teacher. She was one of the first disabled people allowed to receive a teaching certificate. She had to fight for the right to
teach. I never take for granted the privilege of being allowed to touch those to whom we entrust with our future.
Don’t ever forget the purpose of your work and who you are here to serve.