The Principal Preparation Program (P3) is designed to prepare a select cohort of experienced Austin ISD assistant principals and academy directors to successfully enter the urban principalship. The program provides cohort members the opportunity to gain targeted, timely, and personalized professional learning with a focus on the qualities and skills needed to lead an Austin ISD campus. Course content is aligned to the AISD Leadership Framework with the goal of operationalizing the AISD Strategic Plan.
- To prepare current assistant principals and academy directors for an Austin ISD principalship.
- To facilitate professional growth for participants that positively impacts current and future leadership roles.
- To build a cadre of well-prepared urban school leaders who successfully transition into positions as principal.
- Announcement of upcoming cohort and call for applications takes place in the spring.
- Applicant submissions are screened by leaders from the Office of Talent Acquisition and Development.
- Academy appointments are announced in May for the upcoming school year.
- Hold current position as campus administrator in Austin ISD.
- At least two or more years of service as a campus administrator (including the year of application).
- Previous P3 members are not eligible to apply.
- Face-to-face professional learning with senior District leaders and Learning Walks at AISD campuses to observe organizational practices and discuss leadership with current principals.
- Book study (The First 90 Days by Michael D. Watkins) and member-driven virtual learning through BLEND learning positioning system.
- Individual coaching sessions – four on-site at P3 cohort member campus.