The Business and Industry endorsement is a curriculum path that allows a student to focus deeply on courses directly related to the business field.
Related business careers include: information technology specialist, communications, financial advisor, marketing specialist, architect, construction, and project management. Students interested in pursuing an intentional path in the business world may want to consider the Business and Industry endorsement to guide course selection.
A student may earn a business and industry endorsement by completing the requirements specified in the foundation plan in addition to one of the following:
- a sequence of courses for four or more credits in career and technical education (CTE) that consist of at least two courses in the same career cluster, including at least one advanced CTE course. The final course in the sequence must be selected from one of the following CTE career clusters:
- agriculture, food, and natural resources
- architecture and construction
- arts, audio/videol technology, and communications
- business management and administration
- hospitality and tourism
- information technology
- transportation, distribution and logistics.
- or four English credits from Chapter 110 and three levels in one of the following areas:
- advanced broadcast journalism
- advanced journalism: newspaper
- advanced journalis: literary magazine
- advanced journalism: yearbook
- public speaking
- or four approved technology application credits
AISD is committed to helping students develop their interests and individual potential.
To uncover your natural talents and interests, visit http://community.coin3.com to begin the conversation about your possible endorsement option. Information for how to login into the COIN interest inventory can be found in the district graduation plans website.