The Arts and Humanities endorsement is a curriculum path that allows for a student to focus deeply on courses directly related to fine arts, English literature, foreign languages and social studies.
Students interested in pursuing a career path in the entertainment industry or as an interpreter, or writer, for example, may want to consider the Arts and Humanities endorsement to guide course selection.
A student may earn an arts and humanities endorsement by completing the requirements specified in the foundation plan and one of the following:
- five social studies credits
- or four levels of the same language in a language other than English
- or two levels of the same language in a language other than English and two levels of a different language in a language other than English
- or four levels of American sign language
- or a sequence of four credits in fine arts from one or two categories
- or four approved English credits
Art and Humanities Endorsement includes courses directly related to:
- Music Studies
- Musical Theatre
- Technical Theatre
- Languages Other than English
- Advanced Placement Social Studies
- International Baccalaureate Social Studies
AISD is committed to helping students develop their interests and individual potential.
To uncover your natural talents and interests, visit http://community.coin3.com to begin the conversation about your possible endorsement option. Information for how to login into the COIN interest inventory can be found in the district graduation plans website.