Our Plan Features
- Professional development for educators
- Dance and theatre specialists at elementary level
- Campus arts audits and individualized plans
- Increased community arts partnerships
- Campus level community building events
- District wide curriculum development
- Identification and mapping of neighborhood arts opportunities
- Inclusion in the City of Austin's Comprehensive 30-Year Plan
- Professional development for artists and arts organizations
- Assessment and evaluation
- Resource development
The Creative Learning Initiative is being implemented in a phased 10-year approach. This approach allows the district to provide training for approximately 1,500 teachers at 36 schools at a time before the schools transition to their own sustainability plans.
Each year a new vertical team is selected to participated through an application process.
By 2022, over 6,000 teachers will be affecting the lives of AISD's 86,000 students through arts-based instructional strategies.