Family and School Support Team
The Family and School Support Team is a special education–focused, collaborative team that assists families and educational staff in navigating systems, connecting with necessary services, and offers free education and training classes. Research has consistently proven that the more involved families are in their children's education, the greater the academic achievement. Our goal is to strengthen the all‐important connection between schools and student families.
- Education & Training Classes for families and professionals on topics specific to Special Education:
- Pathways to College, Career, and Life Series
- Special Education
- Autism Parent Coaching series and autism professional development
- Training series specific to intellectual/developmental disability
- Training series specific to ADHD
- Parent book studies
- 1:1 Advocacy and Assistance for families with educational issues
- Collaborative Teaming and assistance for parents/kincare families, as well as the educational team, with school or home issues that impact student success
- Resources for community services, camps, Medicaid Waiver Programs, trauma related concerns, special topics and funding options for families and school staff
- Coordination of districtwide Parent/Family Engagement and Special Education hosted community events
- Campus Parent Ambassador Program is a campus‐based initiative where a special education parent leader hosts informational meetings & offers emotional support while directing parents to appropriate AISD and community resources
For autism training resources and videos, please visit the Autism Society of Texas Facebook page.