SCHOOL SUCCESS BEGINS WITH ATTENDANCE. EVERY DAY COUNTS!
When it comes to school, students who miss school... miss out. Attendance boosts student achievement, improves the quality of your child's educational experience, and it prepares them for college, good careers, and successful adulthood. By graduating from high school, your child can earn more than a million dollars in their lifetime. For every day of school missed, it takes two or more days for a student to catch up. Except in the case of illness, many school absences can be avoided with a little extra effort.
Parents, join forces with us to eliminate absences that can be prevented by making every effort to schedule medical and other appointments outside school hours and by making sure your children get plenty of sleep so they arrive at school on time. Give your child every opportunity to succeed in Austin ISD and graduate to success, by encouraging him/her to attend school on time, every day. Please remember: Every Day Counts.
The following are some resources to help you support your child's school attendance.
5 Quick Facts
- Missing school one day per week means missing one full year of instruction for every five years that they are in school.
- Every day a student is absent from class costs AISD $45 in revenue from the state.
- Every day a student is absent from class costs AISD $45 in revenue from the state. If we raise the attendance rate by just 1 percent district-wide, it would result in $5.9 million per year in increased state revenue. That's money that goes directly into your child's education.
- Under the state's new finance system, if AISD had 100 percent attendance it would generate about $30 million for district in additional funding annually.*
- A diploma has an economic value! High school graduates earn 38 percent more than those without a diploma, and college graduates earn 140 percent more! By graduating from high school, your child can earn more than a million dollars in their lifetime. That can lead to even greater success if they attend college.
Give your child every opportunity to succeed in AISD by encouraging excellence school attendance.