The Austin Area Association for Bilingual Education in collaboration with the AISD Parent Engagement Support Office within the Department of Communications and Community Engagement is pleased to announce the second annual ¡Adelante! Parent Leadership Conference: Empowered By the Multilingual Brain.
AISD families can register with their school’s Parent Support Specialists.
Schools without a Parent Support Specialist can register online at www.aaabe.org/aisd-registration.html.
Deadline to register is April 13.
The conference keynote speaker will be Representative Gina Hinojosa who will be speaking on the value of bilingualism and pride for one’s culture.
Participants will have the opportunity to attend the following breakout sessions on Friday, April 20 at the AISD Performing Arts Center.
• Educational rights of families with children in bilingual education
• Parenting strategies for academic success
• Know your rights as an immigrant family
• Social Emotional Learning: self-care for parents
• Advocacy: Families as decision makers
• Different models of dual language programs
All conference sessions will be conducted in Spanish, with interpretation services available for other languages upon request by calling 512-414-0726 by April 13.