Please provide input online by Oct. 30: https://forms.gle/4Wto9jD1GDucDY4u8
Dé sus comentarios en línea: https://forms.gle/zULT2unfQefFEuyi9
Community Retreat #3
Wednesday, April 14, 2021—5:30–7:30 p.m.
Community Retreat #3: Eliminating Racial Disparities in Discipline and Punishment
Dr. Stephanie Hawley: What Equity Is & How It’s Practiced, Tracking, and 7 Generations
New Faculty Orientation for the Faculty Innovation Center at UT Austin (2018)
Two-Minute Teaching Tips: Names & Pronouns
Moving Beyond Diversity Towards Inclusion and Equity: Giving Meaning to the Language We Use.
Talk given by Shane Whalley on July 30. University of Texas at Austin, DiNitto Career Center.
Listen to Shane Whalley's recorded Zoom talk.
Community Equity Summit: Our Voices, Our Stories.
Hosted by the Austin ISD Office of Equity and Cultural Proficiency & Inclusiveness Office.
June 30, 1–5 p.m. via Zoom
- Summit is available in nine languages including sign language interpretation.
- For more information, download a flyer:
May 14 , 4–5:30 p.m.—Zoom Video Conferencing: #AISDATHOME: Student Experiences
AISD Equity Office and Community Dialogues (December 2019–March 2020)
- Gather information from the community to support equity plan
- Learn from & with the community about normalizing high achievement & a sense of belonging in the district by all groups
- Develop common language and understanding about equity & inclusion
- Provide information and updates about the equity office
- Ensure voices of underserved & underrepresented communities & staff inform equity plan
- Implement and model equity by design practices & principles
To schedule a two-hour dialogue to help build the Equity Tactical Plan, contact Evelin Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org.