New Assistant Principal Institute
It is vital to meet the unique needs of AISD’s new assistant principals through a cohesive initial induction institute that lays the framework for a successful entry into a campus leadership position. The New Assistant Principal Institute features sessions facilitated by district leaders with a focus on the skills required to be an effective new assistant principal in AISD. Knowledge of programs, institutions, and the mission and vision of AISD as a whole is taught through expert led content, meaningful engagement, and active reflection.
• Keynote presented by AISD Superintendent Paul Cruz
• Essentials of the role of the assistant principal in the SPED process.
• Role of Social Emotional Learning in reinventing the urban school experience.
• Panel of assistant principals who have completed their first year as campus leaders sharing their experiences.
• Introduction to, and active engagement in reflecting upon, the Campus Administrator Performance Review (CAPR) Standards of:
- Instructional Leadership
- Human Capital
- Executive Leadership
- School Culture
- Strategic Operations
- Mid-year and end-of-year new assistant principal meetings.
- Online learning and collaboration opportunities across various platforms (Adobe Connect, Google Hangouts, Twitter Chat)