Salute, co-hosted by AISD and Austin Partners in Education, is an opportunity to recognize some of AISD's outstanding team members for their continued dedication to student excellence and achievement in our schools. This year, we will recognize the Teacher of the Year, Campus Classified Staff of the Year, District Classified Staff of the Year, Principal of the Year, Librarian of the Year, Counselor of the Year, Assistant Principal of the Year, and APIE Hall of Fame award winners. In addition, Teachers of Promise will be honored. The event also will include student performances, a reception and many more surprises. We invite you to attend our annual Salute Awards, recognizing excellence across Austin ISD. This year’s ceremony is Tuesday, May 17th at the Austin ISD Performing Arts Center located at 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd.
A reception with light snacks will be held from 5:00 p.m. – 6:10 p.m. The house will open for seating at 5:30 p.m. with the ceremony beginning at 6:30 p.m. The evening is scheduled to end at 8:00 p.m.
During the event, Austin ISD will recognize Teachers of the Year, Teachers of Promise and the finalists for Principal of the Year, Assistant Principal of the Year, Counselor of the Year, Librarian of the Year and Classified Staff of the Year both campus and district based. Winners in the award categories will be announced that evening.
A few things to know about this year’s event:
- The adjacent parking garage holds around 400 cars. There will be additional parking across the street at Promiseland church. AISD PD will be on hand to direct traffic. If you park across the street, please use the crosswalk at the light.
- The PAC holds 1200 attendees. Please have your family and friends arrive early so they can find seating in the general admission area.
- While appetizers and drinks will be served in the reception, please do not bring any food or drink into the main auditorium.
- Please enjoy the AISD student musicians who will be performing from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Please use #AISDSalute16 to tag your social media!