Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 at Austin ISD
Austin ISD Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 are available for free for children who are eligible. We also offer tuition-based Pre-K for students who don't meet the qualifications for district-supported Pre-K. Not all AISD schools offer both Pre-K3 and Pre-K4, and not all offer tuition-based Pre-K. For a complete list, visit our locations page.
Eligibility for District-supported Pre-K
This free Austin ISD Pre-K program serves children who turn 3 (Pre-K3) or 4 (Pre-K4) by Sept. 1 of the current school year AND:
- have limited English proficiency, or
- qualify for free and reduced-cost lunch, or
- a child of active military parent, or
- a child of a parent who was injured or killed during active military duty, or
- who have been in the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services, or
- who are homeless or
- are the child of a person who received the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, a firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
Children who do not meet the eligibility requirements listed above for district-supported Pre-K or qualify for the Austin ISD Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities are eligible to enroll at a campus that offers tuition-based Pre-K.
- Annual tuition is $4,656 per student for the full-day Pre-K4 program.
- Annual tuition is $2,328 per student for the half-day Pre-K3 program
- Tuition may be paid annually, monthly or by semester.
Families should apply and register students at their neighborhood school or Pre-K of choice. Pre-K registration for the 2019 school year begins April 2. New students can be registered for the current school year at any time.
To enroll your student in the current school year, visit our online registration page.
To access the online registration system, an account must be created in the Parent Cloud, at my.austinisd.org. This applies to all new and returning students.
The following documents are required for registration:
- Current paycheck stub or SNAP eligibility documentation.
- Proof of residence, gas or electric bill, or lease agreement.
- Child’s official birth certificate or equivalent.
- Up-to-date immunization record.
- Parent/guardian photo ID.
- Child’s social security card, if the child has one.
For questions about Pre-K, please contact your neighborhood school, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-PreK.