Request for Interpretation
The Department of Communications and Community Engagement (DCCE) provides interpretation services for parents and families to easily access information and actively participate in the education of their children.
On-site and Over the Phone Interpretation (OPI) services are provided free of charge for the following languages:
The following are interpretation services provided until allocated funds are exhausted:
Central Office Departments – Interpretation for routine district-wide communication and parent engagement. Please note: Large documents submitted for translation into languages other than Spanish may still need to be covered by the requesting department or campus.
- Board Meetings
- Community Meetings
- Parent Workshops
- Disciplinary Hearings
- Committee Meetings
Individual Schools – Interpretation services to individual schools are provided on a first-come, first-served basis depending on current workload.
- School-wide Special Meetings (NO PTA meetings, NO Parent-Teacher conferences)
- Back-To-School Nights
- Campus Advisory Council Meetings
- Requests will only be accepted electronically using the intake form below. We no longer accept requests via fax, email or phone.
- A minimum of 5 working days advance notice is requested on most projects.
- To help interpreters prepare, email to firstname.lastname@example.org all available materials (i.e., talking points, PPTs, etc.) related to the event.
- Please include a table for interpretation equipment near the registration area.
- If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call 414-4594.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled start time. Otherwise, the requesting school/department will be billed for services as if they were delivered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-4594 to cancel your request.
Services available for a fee:
Interpretation services into other languages are available for a fee and a budget transfer will be required.
- As an industry standard, interpreters bill for their services based on a 2 hour minimum.
- Most assignments lasting over an hour will require two (2) interpreters. The interpreters will switch every 20-30 minutes and provide backup to each other.
- The fee per hour/per interpreter is between $40 - $90.