What Is Virtual School?
- A nontraditional home-based diploma program
- Available to high school juniors and seniors living within Austin ISD boundaries
- Self-paced instructional program for students who have dropped out of school due to extenuating circumstances
- Open-entry / exit program
- Students have access to the assignments 24 hours a day via an AISD loaned laptop
Requirements for Virtual School
- Dedicated commitment
- Self-motivated to complete assignments without the daily presence ofan instructor
- Be available to meet in person with an instructor five hours per week
- Have Internet access
- Stable address
Anyone can refer a student to the program. See the high school counselor to get your academic prescription based upon requirements for graduation.
Credit earned through VETP will be recorded on the transcript as non-weighted course and factored in GPA calculations according EIA (REGULATION).
- Algebra I - II
- Math Modeling
- English I - IV
- World History
- US History
- World Geography
- Communication Applications
- Earth and Space Science
- Environmental Systems
- Spanish I
Interested in The Virtual School Program? You must contact your campus counselor to obtain a course prescription and comlete an application.You will be contacted for an appointment by a member of the Virtual School Staff.
For further information about admission into the Virtual School Program please contact the Virtual School Office at 512-414-0148.