Austin ISD New Headquarters Building
Welcome! This page is your source for the most recent information on Austin ISD's New HQ. In 2017, AISD sold the Carruth Administration Center on West Sixth Street and the Baker Center on Avenue B. The district purchased the property located at 4000 S. IH-35, at the northwest corner of IH-35 and Hwy. 290. This nine-story 142,000-square-foot facility will be the new home for staff from three different facilities.
The overall purpose of the move is to create a more efficient and cost-effective workspace for the more than 700 employees who have been working at three separate facilities, as well as a more user-friendly facility for families and community members.
Summer 2019 Move
The dates below reflect a window of time when the new building will be move-in ready for the departments listed. All moves will take place on or after these dates.
July 24-Aug. 5
- Center for Professional Learning (CPL)
- Employee Appraisals
- Human Capital divisions include:
- Employment Verification, Employee Service Records, Employee Contracts
- Benefits and Leave
- Substitute Office
- Customer Service
- Talent Acquisition - Employment Opportunities, Hiring, New Hires, Teacher Certification
- Employee Effectiveness - Appraisals, PPfT, Leadership Pathways
- Leadership Development for Principals, APs, and aspiring
- School Leadership/Associate Superintendents
- Contract & Procurement
- Internal Audit
- Student Services (transfers, records requests)
Aug. 26–Sept. 29
- Construction Management
Sept. 9-Sept. 20
Because construction and move dates may change, if you are planning to go to a central office department, please call that department first to determine if the department has moved. You can also call the district's main number—512-414-1700—for more information.
New HQ Photos
Check out some of the images that document our progress as we prepare the new AISD headquarters facility. We'll add more photos as we move forward on demolition, construction and staff relocation this summer.