The Department of Communications and Community Engagement (DCCE) provides interpretation services for parents to enable them families to easily access information and actively participate in the education of their children.
The following interpretation services are provided until all allocated funds are exhausted:
Central Office Departments – Interpretation services are available for routine district-wide communication and parent engagement.
- Board Meetings
- Community Engagement Meetings
- Parent Workshops
- Disciplinary Hearings
- Committee Meetings
Individual Schools – Interpretation services to individual schools are provided on a first-come, first-served basis depending on current workload. Preference will be given to district-wide meetings.
- School-wide Special Meetings
- (NO PTA meetings)
- Back-To-School Nights
- Interpreters will be present for the introductory portion of the meeting.
- Campus Advisory Council Meetings
- Parent Workshops
- Requests will only be accepted electronically using the on-line request form.
- If language support is needed in any language other than Spanish, we ask that the requester verifies with the attendees that they will be present before requesting an interpreter.
- A minimum notice of 5 business days is requested to schedule an interpreter. Please note, interpreter availability may still be limited and there is no guarantee an interpreter will be scheduled.
- Please email any relevant material (i.e. talking points, PPTs, etc.) to email@example.com to help the interpreters familiarize themselves with the subject beforehand.
- Please have a designated area or table for the interpreter and direct people to obtain a receiver from the interpreter.
- If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-4581.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled start time. If the cancellation is made within 24 hours, the requesting campus or department will be billed for services as if they were delivered. Please email email@example.com or call 512-414-4581 to cancel your request.
Services available for a fee:
For languages other than Spanish, if an interpreter can’t be found through the Office of Refugee Services, the request will be forwarded to DCCE and the requester will be given the option to obtain services for a fee:
- As an industry standard, interpreters bill for their services based on a 2-hour minimum.
- Most assignments lasting over an hour will require two (2) interpreters. The interpreters will switch every 20-30 minutes.
- The fees can vary between $60 - $120 per hour/per interpreter depending on the time in advance the vendor was given to find an interpreter, language, and time and date of the interpretation assignment.
Quotes are always available before you decide to proceed with the request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-414-4581 if you would like to request one.