The 2017 bond is an investment in AISD facilities, teachers and staff, and our students. Student success is the ultimate goal and our driving force.
While the 2017 bond only addresses the first phase of school modernization projects as outlined in the Facility Master Plan (FMP), every school benefits.
Districtwide improvements included in the 2017 bond include:
- Districtwide technology upgrades including teacher computers, student mobile computers, presentation systems, computer lab improvements and network system improvements;
- Transportation upgrades including 190 replacement buses, 30 additional buses and an automated fleet system;
- Purpose-built facility for Rosedale to serve the District’s most medically-fragile students;
- Central athletic facility upgrades including an improved press box, concessions and restrooms at House Park;
- Theater rigging repairs for fine arts facilities at Covington MS, Crockett HS, Reagan ECHS, Kealing MS, Akins HS, Anderson HS, Fulmore MS, Austin HS, Mendez MS;
- Life safety assets such as updated fire alarms, special education cameras, replacement of outdated security cameras and school security system updates;
- Police equipment such as radio upgrades, a dispatch console, record management system and server upgrade; and,
- Critical deficiency projects related to maintaining the physical condition and operation of existing facilities.