Reminder: 23 AISD Schools Frozen to Transfers Next School Year
Families may submit 2015-16 student transfer requests beginning Jan. 5, district's first lottery round is Jan. 5-30
Earlier this month, the Austin Independent School District announced 23 schools will be frozen to transfers during the 2015-16 school year, while another 20 schools will be monitored.
Each year, AISD determines which schools should be frozen to transfers because they have, or are expected to have, enrollments that exceed their capacities. Some schools also are frozen to maintain stability in tracking patterns.
The administration will monitor space in all schools as boundary changes and/or reassignments are approved by the board of trustees.
The schools frozen to transfers in 2015-16 are:
- High schools: Akins, Anderson and Bowie;
- Middle schools: Burnet, Gorzycki and Murchison; and
- Elementary schools: Baldwin, Baranoff, Blazier, Brentwood, Casis, Clayton,Cowan, Doss, Graham, Gullett (grades 1, 3, 4 and 5), Highland Park, Hill,Kiker, Lee (grades 4 and 5), Menchaca, Pickle and Wooten.
The schools that will be monitored and possibly frozen to transfers in 2015-16 are:
- High schools: Austin and McCallum;
- Middle schools: Kealing, Lamar, Paredes and Small; and
- Elementary schools: Barrington, Bryker Woods, Casey, Cook, Davis, Jordan, McBee, Padron, Perez, Pillow, Ridgetop, Summitt, Wooldridge and Webb Primary Center.
The key dates and deadlines for transfers and applications are:
- AISD will begin to accept requests for student transfers for the 2015-16 school year Monday, Jan. 5. The first round of the lottery will be Jan. 5-30.
- The application deadline for LASA is Jan. 24. The deadline for Fulmore and Kealing magnet schools and the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders is Feb. 6.
- The deadline for priority transfers is Jan. 30.
Requests for transfers may be submitted in person or by mail to the Office of Student Services.
For more information, please visit the AISD website or call the Office of Student Services and Records at 512-414-1726.