MEDIA ADVISORY: Austin Chamber Helps AISD Seniors Maximize Funds for College
The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce is holding several financial aid events throughout February and March to ensure that seniors applying for college get the funds available to them.
What: The Financial Aid Saturdays program provides free assistance to students to help them complete federal and state financial aid applications. The workshop benefits high school seniors, prospective/current college students and parents/guardians who needing help completing the forms. Financial aid experts from area colleges/universities, business and community volunteers will also be on hand.
- List of colleges and/or universities the student is interested in attending;
- Student/parent driver's license number and Social Security number;
- Student/parent alien registration card, if the student is a legal permanent resident;
- All student/parent/guardian 2014 tax documents.
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Feb. 28 Austin and Eastside Memorial high schools
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. March 7 Akins High School
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. March 28 Travis High School
Background: The Financial Aid Saturdays program is a key element of the chamber's regional effort to increase direct-to-college enrollment from 61 percent in 2010 to 70 percent by 2015, to ensure Central Texas is able to meet future workforce demands.
For more information, please visit the chamber's website.