Help AISD Develop its Long-Term Facilities Master Plan
AISD will host a series of community engagement meetings about its long-term facilities master planning process and to hear from the community.
The questions AISD wants the community to provide feedback on are:
- What does it means to "reinvent the urban school experience";
- What does it mean to modernize schools; and
- What are the best ways to have conversations about the future of AISD schools?
What: Community feedback is important as the district begins a long-range planning process, which includes potential future bond programs that will serve the community.
Who: District leadership, members of the Facilities and Bond Planning Advisory Committee, project team consultants and district staff will be in attendance to listen and share the preliminary survey information, project timeline and objectives, and what community members can expect as the district moves through the process.
Where/When: Meetings will be held in the cafeteria at the following locations:
- Bowie High School, 4103 W Slaughter Lane—9–11 a.m. April 30
- Sadler Means YWLA, 6401 N Hampton Drive—1–3 p.m. April 30
- Allan Facility, 4900 Gonzales Street—11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. May 2
- Akins High School, 10701 S. 1st Street—6–8 p.m. May 3
- Lanier High School, 1201 Payton Gin Road—6–8 p.m. May 4
Child care and Spanish interpretation will be provided at all meetings.
AISD also has a survey to receive input on how to best engage communities around these issues. The survey is open through 5 p.m. May 5. It is available in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.
- Click here to take the survey in English. You may also take the survey on your phone or other mobile device.
- Haga clic aquí para contestar la encuesta en español. También puede contestar la encuesta usando su teléfono, otro aparato móvil o una computadora.
- Khảo sát Tham gia của Cộng. Xin vui lòng điền bản góp ý bằng điện thoại bàn, trên điện thoại di động hoặc bằng máy vi tính.