Austin ISD, City of Austin, Capital Metro seeking public input on community issues
Conversation Corps Program Releases List of Future Discussion Topics
Conversation Corps, a partnership between the City of Austin, Capital Metro and Austin ISD has announced conversation topics for the next six months.
Beginning the second Monday of each month, groups meet throughout Austin to talk about specific issues that affect the community.
In small group settings, facilitators lead each group through a structured dialogue, which gives participants a chance to share their feedback.
Input from the discussion is collected for decision-makers at each partner organization and participants are updated on how their feedback affected decisions.
The hour-long conversations take place in a variety of venues, which include schools, houses of worship, community centers, coffee shops and restaurants. The most recent round of conversations began May 11.
This month, the City of Austin, Capital Metro and AISD are seeking input about budget priorities.
Join the conversation to share your thoughts about how your tax dollars are spent.
Schedule of future topics
- June - MobilityATX
- July - Affordability
- August - Community engagement
- September - Workforce development
- October - Transit services
Wednesday, May 20
- Noon: Lakewood Clubhouse, 7317 Lakewood Drive, 78750
- 6 p.m.: Windsor Park Library, 5833 Westminster Drive, 78723
Thursday, May 21
- Noon: Howson Library, 2500 Exposition Blvd., 78703
- 6 p.m.: Hampton Library, 5125 Convict Hill Road, 78749
- 6:30 p.m.: Twin Oaks Library, 1800 S. Fifth St., 78704
Thursday, May 28
- 8 a.m.: Juan in a Million, 2300 E. Cesar Chavez St., 78702 Saturday, May 30
- 1 p.m.: Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Drive, 78744 Sunday, May 31
- 1:30 p.m.: South Austin Recreation Center, 1100 Cumberland Road, 78740
For more information, please visit ATXTalks.org.
AISD is the fifth-largest school district in Texas, serving approximately 85,000 students at 129 schools. Follow AISD on Twitter at @AustinISD or on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/austinisd.