AISD Looking for Foodies, Great Drivers
Job fair to be held Jan. 20 for transportation, food services
Austin ISD is hiring bus drivers, food service managers and substitute food service production specialists.
Applicants can attend an upcoming job fair, 8:30 a.m.–noon Wednesday, Jan. 20, at Baker Center, 3908 Avenue B.
Click here to apply online and be eligible for an on-site interview.
Compensation: Starting at $14.60 per hour
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 21 years old
- No record of DWI or convictions, and an acceptable driving record according to the Texas Department of Public Safety standards
- Completed online job application (computers available to applicants on-site)
- Pass a physical examination, drug test and criminal background check.
Benefits for bus drivers and manager trainees include:
- Medical insurance
- Texas teacher’s retirement
- Paid training
- Paid personal and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- AISD also offers a $400 signing bonus for new bus drivers (candidates will receive bonus after six months with no preventable accidents and no more than two absences).
Manager Trainee Compensation: Starting at $14.90 per hour
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience: A minimum of one to three years of food service management experience is required. A bachelor’s degree or associate degree in a food service–related field may be accepted in lieu of two years’ experience; however, one year of food service management experience is required.
All candidates must be able to speak and write in English to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, school officials, students, parents and the general public.
Substitute Food Production Specialists: $7.25 per hour
Substitute Food Production Specialist is a temporary hourly position with no benefits. Potential for promotion to regular status with wage increase and paid benefits.
For more information, please contact HR Coordinator Sonaya Vazquez at 512-414-1714.