AISD Continues to Enroll Eligible Pre-K Students
Tuition Pre-kindergarten Available for Families Ineligible for Free Pre-kindergarten
Austin, Texas—Austin ISD is registering eligible 4-year-olds, who live within the district’s boundaries, into pre-kindergarten.
The pre-K program is designed to meet the needs of a child's early years, which are a period of rapid growth. During this period, key concepts that correlate to a student's future academic success are developed. For many families, pre-K is the introduction to the public school system.
AISD provides a free, full-day pre-K program for all children who are four years old on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year and who are:
- Limited-English proficient (LEP)
- Educationally disadvantaged
- A child of active military parent
- A child of military parent who was killed or injured while serving on active duty or
Registration continues throughout the year. Parents should apply at their neighborhood school. The following documents must be brought to registration:
- Child's official birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- Proof of income (current check stub) and
- Proof of address (electricity bill).
AISD also offers tuition pre-K for students who are not eligible for the free program.
To learn about the pre-K program and tuition options, please visit www.austinisd.org/academics/early-childhood-education.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Early Childhood at (512) 414-4790.