Vision+Voice Announces Winners of Annual Poetry Contest
The annual 2016–17 Vision+Voice poetry contest, a collaboration between Austin ISD and Austin Community College, has announced the winners of this year's competition.
Winning poems from students at every grade level will be paired with art by an ACC art student to create posters, and all the winning poems will be collected into a 2016–17 anthology.
An award reception to see the poetry and artwork pairs will be 6:30 p.m. April 28 at the ACC Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Road.
Winning poems by grade level
- Kindergarten: Whale, Elle J., Ridgetop Elementary
- First: My Story, Ana D., Ross Baldwin Elementary
- Second: Tsunami, Ryan H., Boone Elementary
- Third: Art, Ivy N., Baldwin Elementary
- Fourth: Time, Martha N., Casis Elementary
- Fifth: The Flow of Life, Janhavi K., Kiker Elementary
- Sixth: The Heart Hears Music, Lily C., Lamar Middle School
- Seventh: Pearl Whiskers, Ivy M., Ann Richards School
- Eighth: Empty Scars, Rachel P., Covington Middle School
- Ninth: Nothing, Blayce W., Travis Early College High School
- Tenth: Light (And Not), Miranda H., McCallum High School
- Eleventh: Badland, Saylor H., Bowie High School
- Twelfth: Deep in the Heart, Hailey A., Bowie High School
- Dean’s Choice: El Monstruo, Ximena S., Barbara Jordan Elementary