Trustees Seek Submissions for New Name of Lee Elementary School
Austin ISD's Board of Trustees invites community members to submit nominations for the renaming of Lee Elementary School, located at 3308 Hampton Road.
Nominations may be submitted online at www.austinisd.org/naming/form or in person or by mail at Carruth Administration Center Community Engagement Office, Facility Naming Team, 1111 W. Sixth St., A-230, Austin, TX 78703.
The nomination process begins at 8 a.m. March 29 and closes at 5 p.m. April 15.
Criteria for naming a district facility include the following:
- A facility may be named for an individual, a place such as a landmark or neighborhood, or for any other reason determined by the board.
- The name must not already be in use by another district school or facility.
- If a facility is named for an individual, the following shall apply:
- The individual may be living or dead for at least 18 months prior to the submission of the individual’s name for consideration by the board.
- The individual must be recognized by the general public and widely respected.
- The individual must embody exemplary qualities that can serve as a model of excellence.
Staff will compile nominations and coordinate with the school's Campus Advisory Council in preparation for the board to take action May 23.
To learn more about the process or to submit nominations for the school's name, please visit www.austinisd.org/naming.