Student Musicians Earn National Recognitions
The Foundation for Music Education has recognized Austin ISD student musicians at five schools in the annual Mark of Excellence contests.
The Mark of Excellence is a recorded music contest that offers middle school and high school bands, choirs and orchestras the opportunity to earn national recognition for their musical achievement.
AISD schools earning this recognition were:
• Kealing Middle School Symphony Orchestra, directed by David Jarrott
• Lamar Middle School Jazz Factory, directed by James Hairston
• Small Middle School Percussion Ensemble, directed by Paul Scheffel
• Lamar Middle School Symphonic Winds, directed by James Hairston
• Bailey Middle School Wind Ensemble, directed by Sara McGarry
TFME is a national nonprofit organization that supports student musicians through mentoring, scholarships and educator training.
Photo (c) Thomas McConnell.